Friday, January 19, 2007

My, how fast they grow...

Something happened over the last few months, while we weren't looking (of course we were looking - it just seems like it happened so fast - one day she's a little peanut, the next day she's running around babbling) and I wasn't writing about it - Dear Alex changed from a cute little baby into an engaged and engaging toddler. Of course, she's always been interested in the world around her, but now she can actually do something about it and usually does. I know that this is not remarkable in and of itself - all babies go through it, but it is news to me - the actual experience of watching that ever-developing mind absorb things and then try to use the new knowledge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There are so many new things of late that they've crowded out my memory of some of the other things that seemed so notable and curious to me before - I really wish that I'd taken the time to write some of it down.

No comments: