Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mommy motorcycle











Recently I've been putting up a lot of photos on Flickr - new sets under constant revision - not pix of Dear Alex, but pictures for her. It's a great entertainment for her, and she has a real fascination with the world and things in it - and it's even better if mommy or daddy are in the picture. So, for her delight I've been adding images from our collective past - a time before Dear Alex - for her amusement and delight. The "mommy motorcycle" picture is the one she asks for by name, and I have to admit that it's one of my favorites as well - though it bears no relationship to our everyday lives. Dear Alex loves the pictures, and for some reason, I love them too - it's a reminder, of sorts, of how we got here - and what we hope to share with this beautiful child. I haven't flown a plane since she was born, and BW hasn't been on a motorcycle since we were married - but I will, and she can, and we have pictures to prove it.

No comments: